Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Strange Mail from Los Angeles

A while ago, I mentioned that I wanted to see the Nov. 23rd taping of The Ellen Degeneres Show. I had to give up a ticket to Conan O'Brien to do it. Then, the people from Ellen informed me that taping had to be rescheduled. I casually asked if I could be in one of the tapings for December, but they said they were already sold out. Considering you get a bunch of stuff from those tapings, that made sense. Thus, I'll have to wait until they had an opening in 2010, which for me could be March depending on what they'll offer at the Paley Festival. April may not be possible because getting from Anaheim to Burbank without borrowing a car or basic knowledge of freeways would be too painful for most people.

That being said, look what I got yesterday....



They mailed this to me on the 18th, the day after its last taping for the year.
This, I think, is sort of surprising. I'm guessing the secretary just wanted to get the mailing done before the two-week break. It happens.
I left voice mail for the audience relations person for the show, and told her that if I can get to Burbank, I do plan to see the show. I also added a note to the Twitter page.
I mean, when was the last time a talk show sent someone a ticket to a taping that was rescheduled and a month too late?
Just in case someone doubts me, I'll keep it along with the ticket to the Comic-Con Dollhouse autograph session I wasn't allowed to be in because Fox miscalculated how many people would show up. That's why I want to go to the Wizard World event in Anaheim in April. I am hoping this time I'll actually exchange a sentence with Eliza Dushku, like most men would.

No comments: