Monday, March 30, 2009

Andy Hallett 1975-2009



I have seen him twice, but he was still unforgettable.
The first time was in Sacramento at a CreationCon with James Marsters. I think he was talking about the weather in Sacramento, but he was a very funny guy. I didn't have a camera back then, but I should have.

The other time was at the Wolfram and Hart Revue, another great convention that took place just months before Angel was cancelled on the WB in 2004. He looked great, and had a fine time with the fans. I remember people talking about how they could save the show.

I knew that he had some heart issues, and I had hoped he would be back on TV, or making a CD of classic music. It's just hard to grasp that a guy like that could be taken short of his 34th birthday. I was worried about heading towards 50, but this puts everything into perspective.

I know that the Whedonverse will never be the same again with the tragic loss of this fine man. When I go to Los Angeles in a couple of weeks, I will make it a point to go to a bar, order a sea breeze, and toast our friend, Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan.

Godspeed, Andy Hallett

No comments: